Zhanbota has over 32 years’ experience in auditing, accounting and taxation including eight years of experience with the Control and Revision Department of the Ministry of Finance, including five years as a Division Head. He has 23 years of experience in audit of financial statements in accordance with KAS, IFRS and US GAAP in different areas of economy such as: oil and gas, mining, energy and many others.
While working at Ernst & Young (1992-1994 гг.), PricewaterhouseCoopers (1994-2015 гг.) and Grant Thornton (2016 – now) Zhanbota was involved in assurance engagements with number of large international and national companies including: CNPC-Aktobemunaigas, KMK-Munai, Tengizchevroil, PetroKazakhstan, Turgai Petroleum, PetroKazakhstan Oil Products, Aidan Munai, Kuat Amlon Munai, Karazhanbasmunay, North Buzachi, FIAL, Partex, Petrom, Kolzhan-Oil, Caspian Pipeline Consortium ), The Kazakhstan-China Pipeline, Munaitas, CNPC-Turkmengaz, Asian Gas Pipeline, Eurasian Natural Resources Corporation (ENRC) and all its subsidiaries in Kazakhstan, Philip Morris, Tengizchevroil, AIG, Toyota, Pepsi, Kazphosphate and many others.
Zhanbota was involved in assurance engagements in energy and public sectors with number of companies including:
- •Kyrgyzenergo - led audit within 6 years of IFRS financial statements on the instructions of World Bank.
- •Eurasian Energy Corporation - led the audit of IFRS financial statements for listing (IPO) of ENRC on the London Stock Exchange.
- •He led audits in Almaty Su, Toppa Su, Su Gelisy, Bastau, Almaty gorovodokonal, Atyrau Zharyk, Karaganda Power, Karaganda Distribution and Samruk-Energo.
Zhanbota was involved in assurance engagements in trade and agro-industrial sectors with number of companies including: Raiymbek Group, Ramstor, Resmi Group, Ust-Kamenogorsk Poultry Farm, AIC Invest (grain) and many others.
Zhanbota also assisted CNPC-Aktobemunaigaz to issue bonds on the international capital markets. In addition, in 2007, he participated in the ENRC IPO on the London Stock Exchange.
In addition, Zhanbota has participated in a number of due diligence assignments such as Zuryanovsky Lead and Zinc Plant, Leninogorsky Polymetallic Plant, Vasilkovsky Gold Mining, Tekeli Lead Plant and Kazakhtelecom for foreign investors.
Together with the Ministry of Finance, Zhanbota participated in a number of important accounting reform projects, which resulted in the development of Kazakhstan accounting and auditing standards, and later in adoption of IFRS and ISA in Kazakhstan.
- Certified Auditor of the Republic of Kazakhstan, 1994 Professional Accountant of the Republic of Kazakhstan, 2013
- London Business School, Advanced Development Program for executives, 2001
- Vice President and member of the Auditors Chamber Council of the Republic of Kazakhstan, 1994-2013
- Member of the Advisory Board under the Ministry of Finance, 1998 - now
- Member of the Foreign Investors Council Subgroup under The President of Republic of Kazakhstan, 2013
- Medal of "CNPC-Aktobemunaigaz" JSC
- Medal of "Kazakh Electrolysis Plant“ JSC
- Medal of Chamber of Auditors of the Republic of Kazakhstan